millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Avengers: Endgame - SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People have seen it, so here’s a thread for any reviews and opinions. Especially spoilers,

BUT PLEASE LABEL SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST WEEK

People will forget.

1 Like
Marvel Movies & TV 2019

It’s a spoiler thread where we have to hide spoilers?

1 Like

Maybe it’s worth doing separate ‘buildup’ and ‘spoilers’ threads as we’ve done in the past, to keep the spoilers out of the pre-release stuff? Usually the spoilers threads are anything-goes.

1 Like

Yes, it seems a bit silly worrying about spoilers - like how the Earth gets saved by a team of Exiles made up of actors from non-MCU Marvel films - in a thread clearly marked spoilers.

3 Likes

I’m not going to come back to this thread until I’ve seen the movie, so you can do whatever you like.

My experience is that people pop into the wrong thread by accident and then get spoiled.

It’s not a big problem to avoid that by clicking a couple of buttons.

But please, have fun.

2 Likes

This was my favourite bit:

12 Likes

Galactic genocide does tend to make people a bit careless and tetchy.

1 Like

Loved the bit where he snaps Thanos’s neck!

7 Likes

They are but also 3 threads (including the general Marvel movies one) have been confusing and people will chime in every time in the days before release, as we are all doing now.

As I often see the films first due to change dates and time zones I have a few times posted the first real review after seeing one of these movies. I just posted a big disclaimer IN BIG CAPS that from this point on spoilers are real and a few blank lines beneath so anyone has the chance to back out.

1 Like

Based on recent discussions I think it’s probably going to be Anders who breaks the spoilers this time!

Either way, in this case we already have spoilers doing the rounds from the leaks last week and the screenings that have happened already, so it’s probably best to keep it simple and for anyone to assume that this thread has spoilers in.

(Unless you want to turn this one into a buildup thread and kick off a new spoilery discussion thread in earnest in a couple of days?)

2 Likes

I’m really okay with my suggestion because that’s how everyone for the past couple of years has followed it. If we truly believe this is a spoiler thread now then the 6 people posting (and more reading) who haven’t seen it yet, including us, wouldn’t be clicking.

Personally I would post these threads later but as nobody can tell exactly when the first board member will watch then I posted the big obvious cut off point that SPECULATION ENDS HERE. If @anders is first I am sure he will be a good boy and follow. :rofl:

Everyone coming into any thread marked ‘spoilers’ though is very much entering at their own risk and have themselves to blame if they are though so have no right to complain really. I’m more looking at our usual irrational human behaviour. :wink:

3 Likes

There are so few ways to live dangerously these days.

3 Likes

I can walk right down to the cinema and start it right now if that’s what you’re after.

But…

With great power comes great responsibility.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Geeks will argue about anything.

In the end, unless it breaches board rules, people can do whatever they want.

I’m going to stick to my plan and stay out of here once people start using this thread.

I’m getting the feeling it’s going to get quite Lord of the Flies.

2 Likes

This thread? It’s not got THAT bad yet has it?!

2 Likes

Go away!

As I said logically two threads can make sense (buildup and real spoilers) but what we’ve found in the past is someone has seen the first one at the top of the page and gone feet first in posting spoilers there instead.

2 Likes

8 Likes

So posts like this serve a really valuable purpose by filling up the threadspace with utterly asinine non-content, while still reinforcing the message that

THERE

**BE **

**SPOILERS **

DOWN

HERE!

(It’s also Thread-Chicken … how long do you dare coming into this thread before the probability of hitting an actual spoiler gets too high to risk it?)

4 Likes