millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Aroha Comics

Probably way to early but I can help myself.
Here’s a sneak peek exclusive for my pals here at Millarworld. The first 2 pages from “World Breaker” a short story which sets up a few difficult stories I’ve been working on for the last few years.
Big stuff planned for you folk this year.

If your feeling friendly give us a follow over at
@ArohaComics on Twitter
@ArohaComics on Instagram
https://www.facebook.com/AROHACOMICS/ on FaceBook
Here’s the webpage www.arohacomics.com

15 Likes

Looking good, buddy!
(About bloody time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

3 Likes

Hate you.

4 Likes

Everyone does

4 Likes

Some nice teaser art for you all

8 Likes

And a little animation for you

1 Like

Pin up by Auckland artist Michel Mulipola

6 Likes

Effing love that teaser image. Looks like Arthur Adams with a dash of Bachalo. Very, very well done either way.

Things are coming along very nicely.
Starting to get messages from other artists who are keen to collaborate and they haven’t even seen my script yet :rofl:

It’s crazy working with 7 creatives in 6 timezones and what now seems to be a daily stream of amazing art.

2 Likes

Cover Test.

Colours to come./

Any suggestions would be appreciated

The reason the title is on the side is due to the amount of stores I see overlapping books on the shelf and wanting to try something different and stand out

6 Likes

Have you tried keeping the tile entirely clear and moving the cover image to the right or making it just a bit smaller? I think the title on the side is a great idea, but I also think the clean look might be a good trend to stick with in all the comics.

4 Likes

Good idea Jim
I figured I’ve waited this long to get it done I may as well crowd source any ideas I can from people with a good eye for these things!

6 Likes

Great! I think the cover looks really fresh and new, innovative, which is the kind of thing that suggests you’re putting a lot of work into the story and so it’s something worth picking up. The cover is the main sales tool in these things, I think too many people forget that. Particularly the first issue - it’ll be the most used imagine for the book in its lifetime.

Hickman did great work with his covers to make them look fresh and interesting.

4 Likes

Correct.
I’ve spent aloooooot if time with mapping out pacing and world building. Trying to not use too many talking heads but sucking in the reader with clever exposition as well as the artist pulling off some heavy lifting.

So far so good!

1 Like

Oh fuck. Jim likes it. You better scrap the whole thing and start fresh. :wink:

1 Like

Jesus I don’t think he even knows the pitch?
RIGHT, NON REFUNDABLE ORDERS START NOW!!
:rofl:

3 Likes

Jim was right, second version looks a lot better :+1:

2 Likes

This was a little silly of me but I had to print it out to see what it looked like in my hand.

I’m pretty stoked with how it’s turning out.

Probably going to run a gradient or a texture through the main title but that’s all the changes for now

7 Likes

Watch that red!

1 Like

And who doesn’t love a map?

2 Likes