millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Arkham Knight

With just three-and-a-half weeks to go until release, I thought I had better start a dedicated thread for this game. There’s going to be a lot of stuff released in the next few weeks and I don’t want to bog the videogame-news thread down too much with it.

Here’s the latest video, a seven-minute look at gameplay on PS4. Can’t wait. It looks stunning.

I commend you for starting this although I will be getting it later on.

Having access to the car is a great idea, but everything else is repetitious ie. detective mode, batarang tricks to get Riddler stuff, fighting, etc…

After 3 such games I am not in the mood for a 4th game these days, so I will wait.

I watched that earlier today and the recurring response from me was: You flash bastards…

Looks incredibly good.

I’m hoping that the Batmobile will mean some genuinely new gameplay mechanics. Plus, I’m sure we’ll get at least a couple of new gadgets to play with, and a map that’s bigger than we’ve seen yet. Plus, as a new-gen game it’s going to look amazing.

I don’t know, I tend to be of the “if it ain’t broke” mindset when it comes to the Arkham games: I’ve enjoyed all of them a lot (even the maligned Origins), and if the story of Arkham Knight is as good as the rest of it looks, then I know I’m going to get a lot out of this one too.

I made a list of all the content that is going around for the different preorders, etc:

a) Harley Quinn Story Pack
(Harley Quinn as playable character, 4 Challenge Maps, Story mission)
-> Preorder the game

b) Red Hood Story Pack
(Red Hood as playable character, Story mission)
-> Preorder at Gamestop

c) WayneTech Booster Pack
(4 abilities: Explosive Gel Takedown, Aerial Juggle, Batarangs While Gliding, Batmobile Weapon Upgrade)
-> Preorder at Tesco or Best Buy

d) Prototype Batmobile
(Prototype Batmobile Skin)
-> Preorder at Walmart

e) Gotham’s Future Skin Pack
(The Dark Knight Returns & Batman Beyond costumes)
-> Preorder in Steam

f) 1st Appearance Batman Skin Pack
(1st Appeareance Batman costume)
-> Preorder the Serious Edition

g) New 52 character skin pack
(3 costumes)
-> Preorder the Limited or Batmobile Edition

h) PS4 exclusived DLC (timed until Fall 2015)

• Scarecrow Nightmare Missions
  • Justice League 3000 Batman Costume
  • Classic TV Batman Costume
  • Classic TV Batmobile Skin

i) WBPlay Login Bonus

• Batman Anime Skin

And then we have the contents of the Season Pass:

a) Batgirl: A Matter of Family (Batgirl as playable character, Story Missions)
b) The Season of Infamy (new story missions)
c) Gotham City Stories (new story missions for Batman’s key allies)
d) Legendary Batmobiles with Themed Tracks (Iconic Batmobiles on custom-built race tracks, each themed to that Batmobile’s specific era)
e) Crimefighter Challenge Maps
f) Character Skins (Skins for Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman) (Flashpoint Batman Skin has been revealed)

Btw, for those playing Arkham Origins on Steam… someone figured out how to enable the Knightfall DLC in it…

It’s almost enough to make a sane person wait for the inevitable GOTY edition that’ll have all that content for a fraction of the price.

Almost.

really? that is surprising, I get the impression that they keep giffen and that book far away from merchandising and gaming. I guess I was wrong

A week to go now! I might be a bit excited.

Loved this creepy new trailer (I’m guessing this is all from the very start of the game):

Although at the start I was convinced those eyes were going to flash open.

Cool to hear Mike Ehrmantraut as Commissioner Gordon too.

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Batman-Arkham-Knight-General/Understanding-the-Batman-Arkham-Knight-Release-Model/m-p/561050#M91756

All,

Sorry it took a bit to chime in here officially, but we wanted to get the details clear for our fans.

Fist, bit thanks to @GhostMotleyX for all of the great work.

Second, as I know many people have been asking about the details and content of Season Pass and if or when people will get the content. I hope the following makes things clear:

Throughout the 6 months of additional Batman: Arkham Knight content, Premium and Season Pass owners will receive all in-game content that is offered through various retail pre-order incentives. This includes the Harley Quinn and Red Hood Story Packs, as well as any Batmobile or Booster Pack that was available as early bonuses for pre-order of the game. For those who did not receive the content with their game, these items will become available when their respective exclusivity windows expire in August/September.

The tl;dr version of this is: Premium Edition & Season Pass owners will receive all retail exclusive DLC after their respective early access periods expire.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion, please let me know if I can help answer anything else on the subject.

Thanks,

Yorick
Community Admin

Well, there was something wrong with the Batmobile edition and it is cancelled:

Warner Bros. says that quality issues with the product led to the company scrapping the limited bundle.

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Batman-Arkham-Knight-General/Update-On-The-BAK-Batmobile-Edition/m-p/562644#U562644

Dear Batman: Arkham Fans,

We regret to inform you that we are not able to release the Batmobile Collector’s Edition of Batman: Arkham Knight due to unforeseen circumstances that greatly compromised the quality of this extremely limited run of product.

We are deeply apologetic for this unfortunate outcome. If you did pre-order the Batmobile Collector’s Edition, please go to the retail location where you pre-ordered the product and you will receive a full refund of your deposit or it can be rolled over to another Batman: Arkham Knight edition or another product of your choice.

We will be providing everyone who purchases Batman: Arkham Knight with the New 52 skin pack, including Batman, Robin and Nightwing, free of charge.

Jim Lee draws Batman and the Arkham Knight:

Some positive reviews coming in:

IGN 9.2/10: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/06/19/batman-arkham-knight-review

Polygon 10/10: http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/19/8811383/batman-arkham-knight-review-xbox-one-PC-PS4

Gamespot 7/10: http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/batman-arkham-knight-review/1900-6416169/

Strangest comment of all though has to be this from The Sun (8/10): http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/gaming/gamingreviews/6508701/Exclusive-first-review-of-new-Batman-game-from-E3.html

Are they serious? That could be great.

Hm. I have to say I trust GameSpot much more than the other two (I’m not even counting the Sun). IGN gets very carried away with their reviews, and typically hands out the most generous scores. The Polygon one is a bit of a head-scratcher.

Yes, I only linked to the Sun because of that odd comment.

Plenty more reviews have showed up now and they’re all broadly positive - some effusive and some more measured, but either way it sounds like a fitting continuation of the series.

This is sounding good!

Preload is starting on Steam.

My Amazon order is on “preparing for dispatch”.

Same here!

EDIT: Scratch that, it has been despatched!

Mine too, finally!

The Collector’s Edition been delayed, but they’re giving me a dl code, e-mail says tomorrow before 17.00 but secretly hoping that means midnight.