Comics Creators

Anyone know what happened to The Maxx Compendium?

First of all… any other fans of Sam Kieth’s “The Maxx” out there?? That was my first foray into anything that wasn’t Marvel or DC. I first discovered it through the animated series on MTV, then quickly sought out all the comics. It’s still one of my favorites to this day.

Anyways, I saw some solicits online for a Maxx Compendium that would publish the whole series (it only ran 35 issues) in one volume. The publication date was listed as December, 2017. Obviously that date has come and gone, and I can’t find it for sale anywhere. I also can’t find any references to it being delayed or canceled. Anyone have any inside info??

(I also remember reading an interview with Sam Kieth a few years ago, when they started releasing the re-colored “Maxx Maxximized” reprints, saying that he had plans to release some material that had been cut from some of the issues and re-order a few things to put them in their proper sequence. No idea if that was going to actually happen in this Compendium but I feel like if he was going to do it anywhere this would be it…!) - just lists it as “unavailable,” but with a December 2017 publication date - says “in shops December 2017” but no image and no details

A post was merged into an existing topic: Comics - Everyone Else (NOT Marvel / DC)