millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Anime Thread

Can I get the hell yeah?

5 Likes

Pixar is doing anime remakes?

3 Likes

Hell yeah!
I’m a big fan of the more recent anime series (Parts 4 and 5), and as long as this doesn’t mean the end of 2D animated Lupin, then I’m all for it.

Also, can somebody do a proper western release of the Takeshi Koike movies sometime? I find it weird that the Fujiko Mine series is readily available but none of the following films are. The third one came out this year and does look fun:

1 Like

OMFG, that is going to be incredible. Lupin animes are some of my favs. I cannot wait for this!

1 Like

Last night I watch three episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion. (I’ve watch the first ten so far.). It’s been interesting.

Last night, I dreamed I was in Tokyo-3 in an area where Eva’s were stored. It was my birthday and David Lynch was there giving me cards and presents. Seth McFarlane was also there filming a reality show where he helped actors and actresses make it in Hollywood.

Because of this dream, I want David Lynch and Seth McFarlane to create a giant mecha anime series.

7 Likes

I need to get myself an invite to your birthday partys, for sure.

Hey @Lorcan_Nagle, can you give me three fairly recent anime movie recommendations? I need something to keep my depression at bay fpr the weekend. I dont need more than the titles, i trust your judgement.

The only recent things ive seen are the NGE and Berserk remakes, and Paprika.

1 Like

MIRAI is fairly recent and very good. If you’ve kept up with the outstanding My Hero Academia series, then see the Two Heroes movie if you haven’t already.

For a third, though it is not anime, try the BLEACH live action movie adaptation.

2 Likes

I liked BLEACH a lot back in the day. Live action anime remakes is… Im worried. Will give it a try.

1 Like

You will always have a standing invitation. You will also receive premium parking for your mecha.

2 Likes

But… mechas park wherever the hell they feel like it.

2 Likes

Like I said, “premium parking”.

2 Likes

It’s a good point. Japanese film production value is generally poorer than its neighbors in China and Korea (and lately Indonesia), but this director is unusually successful at making engaging light entertainment out of the source material and production limitations. He also did the pretty good I AM A HERO movie adaptation.

1 Like

I’m not Lorcan (obviously) but I’d recommend The Boy and the Beast, Lu Over the Wall, and then pick whichever recent Ghibli movies you haven’t seen.

Hang on, you’ve seen Redline, haven’t you?

1 Like

I have watched sod-all recent anime! The last TV show I watched as it aired was Macross Delta, which was fun but not as good as Frontier.

I’ll just say watch Nichijou. Everyone should do that. And if you want full-on mecha carnage, Gundam Thunderbolt.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your recommendations. I have a busy weekend in front of me! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We are officially old. Today is “Akira Day” 7-16-2019, the date the movie’s action starts.

8 Likes