millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Alan Rickman Dies

Christ this year is starting off really shitty.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jan/14/alan-rickman-giant-of-british-film-and-theatre-dies-at-69

Alan Rickman, one of the best-loved and most warmly admired British actors of the past 30 years, has died in London aged 69. His death was confirmed on Thursday by his family. Rickman had been suffering from cancer.

RIP.

I love Alan Rickman. It shocks me he was just a year off seventy too as he always seemed like a perpetual 50-something. So sad!

MM

While he was very good as Snape, it is a bit of a shame that it will be the only thing most people know him for.

RIP to a true great.

That’s terrible. I don’t think that I have ever seen a bad performance by him. And he always committed 100%. Apart from Die Hard (one of my favourite movies), I loved him as the actor frustrated at being typecast as an alien in Galaxy Quest. No one could do withering scorn like him.

Wow…
RIP Mr Rickman.
You will be sorely missed.
Gonna go dig out DIE HARD and LOVE, ACTUALLY now, and try not to cry.

I have officially had enough of this week. Rickman was an absolute legend and a presence is so many of my favourite movies.

Many of us slightly older will only think of this:

Following the deaths of Lemmy, Bowie and now Alan Rickman from cancer, I hope it isn’t forward of me to remind people that there are many fine charities out there supporting people suffering from cancer and working on cancer research which would love to get a donation.

Mods, please feel free to delete this post if you don’t think it is appropriate.

Jesus, this year.

RIP to a fine actor who always improved anything he was in.

He was the best of the bad.

RIP

While others a little younger will think of this:

Just a minute. Robin Hood steals money from my pocket, forcing me to hurt the public, and they love him for it?! THAT’S IT, THEN!! Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas!

Which was, according to legend, a Rickman ad-lib.

Not an adlib, but he did rearrange the line. Originally it ended with “…no more merciful beheadings.” but he quite rightly thought “…and call off Christmas!” was funnier. :slightly_smiling:

This week can just fuck right off and get in the bin before it can pull another beloved celeb death.

Alan Rickman’s Best Roles

" Mr. Takagi, I could talk about industrialization and men’s fashion all day, but I’m afraid work must intrude, and my associate, Theo, has some questions for you. Sort of fill in the blanks questions, actually. "

He’s snape to many, Gruber to a few, but to me he’ll always be ‘cousin’ sherriff of knottingham, cutting hearts out with a spoon

By Grabthar’s Hammer… you shall be avenged.

Empire Magazine have posted this interview which is a nice little retrospective on his movie career with the man himself.

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/alan-rickman-interview/

Alan Rickman was never less than great. Apart from the movies mentioned, I also loved Truly, Madly Deeply and his performance in Sense and Sensibility.

He had such an incredibly voice. I love his rendition of Shakespear’s Sonnet #130.