millarworld.tv Comics Creators

AKA zine launch

Hi team.
So once upon a time in Glasgow there was a comic shop called AKA which was run by a chap by the name of John Mcshane.
Now John was a positive force for Comics in Scotland and encouraged young chaps such as Gary Erskine, Grant Morrison, Mark Millar and Vin**Frank Quietly to produce work that would eventually shape the comics landscape as we know it today.

It just so happens tonight was the launch of AKA zine which is a collaboration between our own @Kevin and Mr Mcshane which focuses on the ground roots of UK comics and even has an interview with some random Chap called @mattgarvey1981.
Now as poor as a selling point as that maybe a great night was had by all and many a compliment was given to the editorial team and even sigh Mr Garvey.

So without further ado here are some lovely photos of the evening and I’m sure @Kevin will comment below where you can purchase the magnificent tome which is AKA
Uploading: FAC6F974-6009-4E08-B77E-FD957A358A3C.jpeg… Uploading: DDFC0F99-3703-4D06-AB47-F1FC52DB6F95.jpeg… Uploading: 563ECFE9-C947-41F4-A110-B5B55954BF1D.jpeg…

9 Likes

Also I’m quite intoxicated on a 2 hour train ride home and need someone to reply as I am alone in the carriage and feel I may be on my way to the underworld

7 Likes

The pics look great. Did you get Mark and Frank Q to pose with the magazine opened to the Garvey interview?

3 Likes

Yuppers

3 Likes

Cheers for coming along and for taking those pics !
Good night. Sold well. I’m knackered.

Link above for anyone that’s interested.

2 Likes

Awesome

Wish I could have been there

Fanzine ordered !

2 Likes

already ordered mine and thanks for the pic Abnett! :smiley:

1 Like

Cheers guys I’ll get them in the post ASAP!

1 Like

no rush…i’ve read already my interview! :wink:

1 Like

Haha very true!

1 Like

Jesus I must of been smashed of my tits. I dont remember posting any of this

5 Likes

As long as you enjoyed yourself!

2 Likes

Congratulations!
Just ordered mine :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks man just saw that I’ll post it Saturday morning. Appreciate your support.

1 Like

Cheers for everyone buying online. 70% of print run sold !

4 Likes

mine arrived today!
it looks great…well done, fella!

2 Likes

Cheers Matt.

1 Like

Got mine yesterday thanks Kevin

It’s a lovely wee package, look forward to reading it and to future issues.

Congratulations on the the sales, again I wish I could have been at the launch
I don’t get to anywhere near the amount of stuff like this that I’d like to.

Young kids plus not really having friends who are into this stuff the way I am makes it a bit more difficult unless I motivate myself to go alone, which I don’t mind but it’s hard fitting it in while the kids are this age

I have an enormous amount of nostalgia for AKA, I loved that wee shop. It played such huge part in me becoming a long term comics obsessive.
I always remember there was a Greenock Morton (my local team) calendar up on the wall and wondering who it belonged to.

2 Likes

That’s great it arrived. Let me know what you think regardless if it’s good or bad always happy to get feedback.
ACH don’t worry about not coming along kids come first but there might be some future nights so I’ll post them here in case they interest you.
John McShane was originally from Greenock so might be him I’ll ask him and get back to you later in week.

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face: that would make sense then

Yeah I’ll post some comments up, looking forward to reading it

1 Like