millarworld.tv Comics Creators

After The Love Has Gone: Earth, Wind & Fire founder Maurice White dies

The founder of soul group Earth, Wind & Fire, Maurice White, has died in the US, in his sleep in Los Angeles on Thursday morning. He was 74. White suffered from Parkinson’s Disease.
The band had a series of hits including September, Boogie Wonderland, Shining Star and After the Love has Gone - and he worked with various well-known recording artists such as The Emotions, Barbra Streisand, Cher and Neil Diamond.

Thanks for the music - and the memories.

Seems like every week this year (so far) has brought the passing of a significant musician or actor, doesn’t it? I mean, maybe it happens every year, but it just seems so prominent this year. Bowie, Glenn Frey, Alan Rickman, Abe VIgoda, and on and on…

Rest in Peace, Maurice.

I got to see them perform at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo back in the late 90s. They were great.

RIP

I saw them in Atlantic City circa 1999 with Philip Bailey doing lead vocals. They put on one hell of a show. I don’t think anyone sat down for almost 2 hours.

Maurice White was a legend and will be missed.

This year for music we’ve lost White, Bowie, Lemmy, Frey, Paul Kanter of Jefferson Airplane, Dale Griffin of Mott the Hoople, Mic Gillette of Tower of Power, probably more than I’m forgetting. It’s only February 5.

This is probably the new norm, as the rock/pop/soul guys from the Beatles/Motown era and onward are really beginning to get up there in age. Remember a lot of them didn’t exactly take care of their bodies in their younger days too. I expect announcements like this every month or so from here on out.

The Reasons is my favorite song from them

Listening to some EWF now:

awe man!!! That’s a shame

R.I.P. These are my favorite 4…