millarworld.tv Comics Creators

A film/comic I envisioned in two dreams, inspired by Jordan Peterson's 'Maps of Meaning'

I’m sure many of you are familiar with Jordan Peterson, a clinical psychologist and author. His book Maps of Meaning triggered two dreams, separate occasions, which seemed to emerge initially as something I was living in and then something that I was directing, but the scene remained real.

I don’t know why Mark Millar and Netflix featured in the dream, I’m not a massive comic book fan and I only really know of Mark Millar through Kick-Ass, Kingsman and some of his postings on Twitter.

Anyway, I couldn’t let the thoughts rest so I had to get someone to draw an image that was present in my mind and I added the ‘Mark Millar’ and ‘Netflix’ because they seemed to be part of the battle in the dream.

Now the recurring image is partly out of mind I’m able to focus on expanding the story within, which seems to be quite surreal.

Here’s a summary of his book for those that are interested.

Why have people from different cultures and eras formulated myths and stories with similar structures? What does this similarity tell us about the mind, morality, and structure of the world itself? Jordan Peterson offers a provocative new hypothesis that explores the connection between what modern neuropsychology tells us about the brain and what rituals, myths, and religious stories have long narrated. A cutting-edge work that brings together neuropsychology, cognitive science, and Freudian and Jungian approaches to mythology and narrative, Maps of Meaning presents a rich theory that makes the wisdom and meaning of myth accessible to the critical modern mind.

A few years back I was having inexplicable dreams with famous people that made great narratives. Shame they stopped.

Bizarre story, but very nice image!