millarworld.tv Comics Creators

2017 - Battle of the Blockbusters

Spirited Away is still my favourite, but Totoro is a reasonably close second.

:scream:

Wait, let me get a second opinion:

:scream_cat:

Yup.

I’m impressed you got 8 :smiley: I’m not that into animated movies, and I was stumped after this:

1. Akira
  2. Lego Movie
  3. Jungle Book (the original one)
  4. The Incredibles I guess…
    …and now I’m stuck

Edit: ok, reading down the thread I’m reminded of a ton of Miyazaki films I should have included. Lego Movie remains #2 though.

And Kiki’s Delivery Service.

EDIT: I get the feeling my list would be very different than the others in this thread.

One of my favorite animated movies:

Speaking of anime, do we have an anime thread currently?

EDIT: Forget I asked that. I remembere that there is a thing called a “search function”. Crazy stuff they come up with these days!

Here’s my list in no particular order:

Akira
Perfect Blue
Spirited Away
Kiki’s delivery service
Millennium actress
Surfs Up
Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
Incredibles
Nightmare before Christmas
Wreck It Ralph

Not in any order because that requires too much thinking. Also there’s very few animated movies I’ve seen more than once. I expect that to change over the next few years.

Toy Story 2 & 3. I think I like 2 better but I’m not so sure.
The Lego movie. Just an incredible production, and a fantastic experience.
The Disney classics that don’t need explaination: Lion King, Jungle Book, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast.
The Iron Giant. Does ET better than ET.
Tangled. This is such a great movie it makes me want to have a daughter just so she can watch it every day.
Incredibles. Should have won the Oscar. The whole production is perfect.

Oh yes! You’ll be listing the ones you’ve seen 73 times, in a month. :smile:

It’s an underrated film that seems to have been a bit forgotten in the wake of Frozen.

The follow-up short is lots of fun too, in case you’ve never seen it (I first saw it bundled on the Cinderella Blu-Ray, bizarrely):

Damn I forgot about Alladin. Can I make my list a Top 11? :smile:

Yes, ‘Tangled’ got lost in the shuffle, I prefer it (by far) to ‘Frozen’, but that’s the way it goes sometimes.

Yeah, I guess sometimes with these things you just have to…

…relinquish them.

Another one of my favorite animated films:

I liked American Pop…but it needed to be a miniseries and made with Scanner Darkly quality rotoscoping.

There’s little better than a well constructed chase sequence. That’s cinematic magic. Just a perfect blend of music, script and animation. Amazing that it’s just a bonus feature too!

Glad you liked it. Me and the kids are always in stitches when we watch it. It’s really in the spirit of the old Looney Tunes shorts for me.

My favorite animated movies in no particular order:

• Heavy Metal
  • The Lego Movie
  • Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters
  • The Incredibles

There are probably others but those are my top ones. While I enjoyed The Lego Batman Movie, I’d like to see it again before putting it on my Best List.

I’m sure you already know, but Disney have just made a 2D sequel cartoon to Tangled, with the original voice actors coming back. So maybe in a few years it will be better remembered? I also prefer it to Frozen.

I was not aware of that! Is it a straight-to-video job? It’s my daughter’s birthday soon so that would be ideal.