millarworld.tv Comics Creators

2017 - Battle of the Blockbusters

I love the irony in using that gif…which is also a great scene from a great episode.

Your chart is not accurate.

Puppies need to be at the very top.

Yeah - that great memorable episode … from…

… from…

I’m going to be honest and say I have no idea what that’s from. Those two characters seem to always be flip-flopping love/hate.

Maybe it’s just sexual tension.

That is actually the plot line.

EDIT: To be fair, that is the best thing about the show - that Penquin is in love with Riddler - but I’m not going to pretend that was the writers being brave, because it was clearly something that was shipped hardcore by the fans and the writers fell in line.

Yeah, but it’s really well played and ties into Penguin’s character in an interesting way.

It’s less love, and a serious case of transference from Penguin and mistaking friendship for deeper feelings due to his sheltered and hostile environment.

It’s the best superhero show on television and that is the lord’s honest truth. Nothing else comes close.

The one without a single superhero in it? :rolling_eyes:

Yes.

And honestly, while the first season was extremely rocky, the Bruce on the show has developed into a great young interpretation of Batman.

His pivotal episodes are well written, well shot, and well acted. The last especially surprising given that he’s still a young kid.

The midseason finale last month or so has him come to the very definite realization that killing (even the killing of a murderer) will only lower him to levels he could never climb out from - and everything in that sequence is pitch perfect.

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Hahah.

I mean, I don’t see the problem with this show outside of the rocky first season.

If you want camp it has it, if you want more darker storylines it has it too, if you want outlandish heroics…same deal.

And it meshes them all fairly well.

Meanwhile you’re getting more and more bland heroics on other superhero TV shows elsewhere.

Well, you know what they say about opinions?

They’re like assholes.

… Everyone who has a shit opinion is an asshole.

Oh, don’t be so hard on yourself there bud.

All I know is that I don’t get the Skull Island/Jurassic Park comparisons that all of the reviewers are making.
I think I’d take Skull Island over Jurassic World, but it probably won’t make half as much money.

(This was an attempt to sort of bring things back on topic, but I don’t know what this thread is for anymore, so this is the best I’ve got.)

You’re a true gent, man.

And I don’t understand those comparisons either.

You’re welcome. :smile:

I know, right? I mean there aren’t even any dinosaurs. Would it make more money if it had dinosaurs?

Possibly.

And Kong is much more varied in wildlife.

It’s nice to see Larry Fong DP a movie in colour.

But is the wildlife varied enough for Kong to win March?

False. There are no good superhero shows on television.

In the kingdom of the blind…

False, Dangermouse and PJ Masks are excellent.