Comics Creators

2000AD: The Galaxy's Greatest Comic Thread

Huh. Disappointing. But thanks for the info.

The Future Shock documentary is getting a blue ray release which has a shit tonne of extra features.

• Exclusive brand new interview with Steve MacManus (25 mins)
• Extended chapter featurette: Cheap Entertainment – The Appeal of comics (9 mins)
• Extended chapter featurette: Judge Dredd (13 mins)
• Extended chapter featurette: Dredd 2012 – True in Spirit (13 mins)
• Extended chapter featurette: 2000AD Vs the USA (15 mins)
• 2000AD Strip featurette: Bad Company / Peter Milligan (5 mins)
• 2000AD Strip featurette: Tharg’s Future Shocks / Various (8 mins)
• 2000AD Strip featurette: Rogue Trooper / Dave Gibbons & Cam Kennedy (7 mins)
• 2000AD Strip featurette: Slaine / Pat Mills (11 mins)
• 2000AD Strip featurette: Strontium Dog / Carlos Ezquerra (5 mins)
• Art Jam – How to draw Dredd & Nemesis by Jock & Henry Flint (4 mins)
• Pat Mills visits Kings Reach Tower (6 mins)
• In the Soundtrack Studio with Justin Greaves (4 mins)
• Extended interview with Pat Mills (84 mins)
• Extended interview with Grant Morrison (33 mins)
• Extended interview with Neil Gaiman (17 mins)
• Extended interview with Dave Gibbons (47 mins)
• Extended interview with Karen Berger (33 mins) • Blooper Reel (2 mins)
• Teaser Trailer
• UK Launch Trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jock.
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet

Soon to be a shit ton, thanks to Brexit :wink:

I received the DVD (which is excellent) for Christmas, so I’m a bit miffed by this. I’ll still get it, though.

I’m in exactly the same boat. I’m not usually one for extra / bonus features either but I’ll make an exception for 2000AD stuff and “double dip” and get it a second time.

Wow that’s loads - hopefully it’s out for my birthday in June so I can stick it on a list for the wife to get me

I’m going to wait for the now inevitable Future Shock: Extra Pat Mills Fury Edition.

I doubt any of us could handle the Extra Pat Mills Fury Edition. :laughing:

Oh I think we could, it’d be electrifying, fuckin’ awesome viewing… From a safe distance of course, say a couple of planets away?

Unless you were Dave Bishop or Andy Diggle, in which case…just leave the solar system already.

As much as I am lamenting the loss of Gallacher on Defoe, McNeill has made up for that very quickly.

Read the first 3 chapters today, superb start and this may be McNeill’s best art in the 2 or 3 decades I’ve been reading him.

I’m glad he’s moved away from the solid inks and big blacks back to a more familiar territory.
It does fit the atmosphere of this book plus I just prefer his stuff when it has a more painted vibe, even in greyscale.

I’ve just read the Dredd in the Meg issue 381.

Have any of you read this and did you spot the reveal in the last panel?

I haven’t read it yet (my LCS had a fuck up involving their deliveries and didn’t get the Meg in). I’ll be picking it up tomorrow though. Thanks for not spoiling whatever it is you’re speaking about! I’ll keep an eye out.

Yeah give me a shout when you read it.

I have about 5 megs stacked up unread. Need to dive into them asap.

I’ve just realised 381 isn’t the current Meg!!! I found it in my “read” pile and flicked back through. I didn’t spot it the first time round but I recognised the surname Kreelman when I looked a bit closer this time - that would make this character Johnny Alpha’s dad then, yeah?

yeah, the leader of the Kreelers anti mutant army and Johnny Alpha’s dad I thought that was pretty and have the story itself a bit more weight because you know who he is going to become.

Well that was nice.

Like a few peoples herein I attempted to subscribe to the 2000ad Collection and heard nothing and paid nothing.

Just received a note saying that they’d suspended the plan and would let me know if they were launching proper, and as a thank you they included all 4 volumes announced gratis.

Cheers for that Hachette.

A.B.C. Warriors: Hellbringer Part 1 904 to 911 & Part 2 964 to 971 - Deadlock reforms the band and it’s more of the same Warrior shenanigans. Blasting human scumbags, cracking wise and causing general mayhem wherever they go. Sounds good! Also, Kev Walker crushes the art into submission.

Button Man: Book II: Confession 904 to 919 – This has more of a light tone than the original as Harry plays around with James Bond style gadgets. The whole thing has a certain ‘Man with the Golden Gun’ vibe. There’s a quick set-up that gets us into the action and then the trademark violence comes in spades. Good stuff as usual.

Robo-Hunter: Metrobolis 904 to 911 - Peter Hogan replaces Mark Millar and the strip improves immediately. It’s not all plain sailing as the lettering font used is horrible and makes it a tough read and to be honest, the stories become a bit bland. Rian Hughes art does suit the strip though.

Red Razors Megazine 1.08-1.15 – I need to put this Meg review in here as Razors first appeared there before the sequel in the Prog. This is rammed with chaotic crazy ideas. Anti-US culture, revolution by O.A.P. K.G.B, talking horses, psychotic judge, red death teenage cults, a junior chief judge, Elvis’ bones and a Scooby Doo parody. It seems to combine Red Son, Dark Knight and Escape from New York and I really enjoyed it! I thought Canon Fodder was Millar’s best but for me this is better. If you’re a Millar and haven’t read you can probably find the trade cheap which also includes the sequel.

Red Razors: Hunt For Red Razors 908 to 917 – Nigel Dobyn takes over from Steve Yeowell on art and does a bag up job, Whereas the previous series was quite jokey, this is far more bleak as Razors, the reformed criminal now government agent, goes back to his old stomping grounds and faces off with his old gang. I’m pretty sure most 2000 ad fans are quite down on this title but again, I liked it. Oh yeah, a clone of Dredd also shows up!

Bix Barton: Nigel the Napolean of East Finchley 912 to 917 - Not the best Barton tale but still funa as always.

Skizz: Skizz Book 3 912 to 927 - I’m pretty sure, like part 2, this is deemed not very good. Put me in the opposite camp as someone who really enjoyed it. It helps bring the whole story full circle as old friends get reacquainted and characters grow up. I don’t think this or book 2 have been collected but if you have the progs you should give them both a reread (or track them down cheap).

The Corps: Fireteam 1 918 to 923 - This is almost a fore runner to Abnett and MacNeil’s Insurrection. Space judges fighting an alien war. What Ennis chucks in though is macho posturing, 80’s-stylegun crazed action and hammy dialogue. Not great.

Soul Gun Warrior: Soul Gun Assassin 920 to 925 - Hmm, can’t remember reading this. I imagine it was bat shit crazy just like the first series.

Timehouse: Century Duty 919 to 927 - Based on the first series I skipped this.

Finn: Origins of Finn 924 to 927 - Skipped.

Finn: Interventions 928 to 949 - Skipped.

Rogue Trooper (Friday): Various form 928-1022 - This is where it all starts getting overly messy. On 3 Sigma 4 Friday survived a brutal battle but his buddies Top, Lucky and Eightball bit the dust and are now biochips in Friday’s equipment…wait a minute this all sounds familiar. This was supposed to be a reboot but apparently editorial wasn’t happy with that and wanted the two continuities toed together so this turns out to not be a reimagining, as what took place on Nu Earth with Rogue and his pals still happened. Coming out of this we have the Karvanu, religious zealots who want to take over Nu-earth (something to do with it’s location near a black hole, or something like that). The big deal here is that Norts and Southers are in an uneasy alliance to combats the new enemy. Some of the stories are actually pretty good and the art is by Flint, Tappin, Adlard and Roland so it all looks nice but as I said before, it’s just a bit messy.

Think the Complete Skizz is due for release later this year. (edit: well next month).

Cheers for that.