• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

THE REAL SCOTt

THE REAL SCOTt

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 524 posts
I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to better my promotional website at www.thebarbariancomic.blogspot.com.

stuperrins

stuperrins

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,251 posts
have you a twitter and facebook page for it?

Stephen Galvin

Stephen Galvin

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 343 posts
I don't think the blog site approach works for me, having looked at it. A gallery of art work, a synopsis of the episode, quick links ot comixology at appropriate points. These would be better from my point of view, but I am old fashioned.
The barbarian doesn't appeal to me as a comic. And that will be the root of it, Scott. You can promote the website all you want, but it is the comic you are selling. If people aren't relating to that, you are in trouble. So, figure out how to show them what it is about the book that will enthrall them, and the battle will be won. Getting them to the website is a waste of time if you don't get that bit right.

Kavanagh

Kavanagh

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 238 posts
I think a few more images wouldn't hurt. It's a lot of text to be promoting a visual format with.

Also, a facebook and twitter page would be the logical next step in getting people to view it, and would provide links to the website which is where the meat of the stuff is.

While I agree with Stephen that the quality of the comic will keep people wanting to come back, the more ways you get people to know about it, the better your chances of finding the ones who will become regular readers.

THE REAL SCOTt

THE REAL SCOTt

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 524 posts
Thanks for the responses! You guys have really made me think about redoing the structure of the website and adding more pictures. I have ideas on how to do both!!!

As for Facebook and Twitter, I need to figure out how to get more people to the FB page and tips for Twitter would be useful. The fanpage is at http://www.facebook....102281763201257 and my dedicated Titter account is @Barbariancomic. Twitter has been great. I'm gaining followers that are being turned into readers, finding reviewers, and just generally building buzz. It's been the most successful thing I've tried by far.

I'm going to put the comic on Comicsmonkey. Do you guys know any shops that order from them?

My main goals are penetrating the mainstream and webcomics consumer bases (http://www.facebook....102281763201257, www.deadspots.blogspot.com), building buzz and goodwill for future projects (twitter), and converting interest into sales (www.thebarbariancomic.blogspot.com).

What other suggestions do you guys have? Any tips on using Facebook for more effective promotions?

THE REAL SCOTt

THE REAL SCOTt

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 524 posts
Thanks for the responses! You guys have really made me think about redoing the structure of the website and adding more pictures. I have ideas on how to do both!!!

As for Facebook and Twitter, I need to figure out how to get more people to the FB page and tips for Twitter would be useful. The fanpage is at http://www.facebook....102281763201257 and my dedicated Titter account is @Barbariancomic. Twitter has been great. I'm gaining followers that are being turned into readers, finding reviewers, and just generally building buzz. It's been the most successful thing I've tried by far.

I'm going to put the comic on Comicsmonkey. Do you guys know any shops that order from them?

My main goals are penetrating the mainstream and webcomics consumer bases (http://www.facebook....102281763201257, www.deadspots.blogspot.com), building buzz and goodwill for future projects (twitter), building up a base of reviewers for pre-release publicity of my next project, and converting interest into sales (www.thebarbariancomic.blogspot.com).

What other suggestions do you guys have? Any tips on using Facebook for more effective promotions?

THE REAL SCOTt

THE REAL SCOTt

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 524 posts
I'm also looking for a colorist.

Kavanagh

Kavanagh

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 238 posts
I know this might seem like a rudimentary method, but simply doing a Google search on "Tips for using Facebook as a buisness tool" for example is a good way to find out how to do these things. Chances are, there are others in the same boat as you, trying to get things out there and promote themselves, who have come up with ways of using it to help them that you can apply to your situation.

It's the first thing I do when I'm thinking about the next step. In fact it's how I discovered Millarworld.

Hope this helps!

Gibsonian

Gibsonian

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,510 posts
I mind you asking this question some time back. Have you since then printed out a load of flyers to leave in stores or ran a booth at a convention? How about getting your friends on Facebook to spread the word?

stuperrins

stuperrins

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,251 posts
getting a booth at a comic con is a very good thing to do. me and my co - mercurian Matt had a booth at the mcm expo last october and its a sure fire way of getting the word 'outthere'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users