• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

James Henshaw

James Henshaw

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Yeah, check me out, I'm also in a band called Digging For Elvis!
    www.Facebook.com/DiggingForElvis
    www.Myspace.com/DiggingForElvis
Right guys,
I am looking for an artist. I have three projects that I need covering. Two are short stories I have written for Kapow. One is about what it would be like to be the luckiest man in the world and is a reasonably serious affair with a nice twist. The second is about two Mexican hitman who use a pizza delivery business as a cover. Its tongue in cheek humour but quite dark.

Get in touch!

Joshua Nelson

Joshua Nelson

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi, I'm an amateur writer. I'm still in school(majoring in History, which is odd for a person who likes to write fiction), but I love to write in my spare time. I've written quite a few short stories and a couple short film scripts(nothing published like some people on here). Lately I've been looking to broaden my horizons. So if there are any artists(beginner or not) who would like to collaborate with a new writer, give me a shout. I have a few ideas already.

I can post some examples if you would like to see them.

Edited by Joshua Nelson, 12 January 2011 - 08:33 PM.

Blas Bigatti

Blas Bigatti

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Hi, I'm an amateur writer. I'm still in school(majoring in History, which is odd for a person who likes to write fiction)

Welcome, Joshua!
Let me invite you to read Jenkin's 'Re-thinking history'. You'll see that there's a very blurry line between History and fiction!

Cheers ;-)

Joshua Nelson

Joshua Nelson

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Aha! I actually have it(haven't read it yet though). I will get on that right away sir.

adamw

adamw

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hi everyone.

Just introducing myself before I get into the cries for an artist to collaborate with. So how does this whole process work? For the sake of not making a gigantic first post I'm not going to post any full length scripts right now. But I have a handful of scripts covering a variety of genres that I'm looking for artists/letters/colorists etc.

Some of the scripts are short 4-6 page stories that we could submit to CLiNT. Some of them are a bit longer that we could take in other directions.

I'm really just interested in meeting new people that enjoy making comics. I think the best comics come from teams that get to know each other and are equally involved in the projects.

I'll check back here often, but I also have a email set up purely for collaboration purposes. I can be reached here or at acw.comics@gmail.com

- Adam

July

July

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I am always on the lookout to work with different artists from different parts of the world.

I would be lying to you if I said I had a couple of short story comic scripts in the can. The reality is I do not. Collaboration, for me, is key to a great comic book story or for that matter anything that involves teamwork whether it be sports or running an insitution. It takes collaboration to create something phenomenal. I have ideas and if any artist out there who is willing to collaborate with a writer and get these little pesky ideas from the ether and build them into stories, then look no further.

I am the type of writer who isn't full of himself or has a big head. I am a type of writer that loves to write good stories and am willing to prove it to any artist out there willing to give me a shot. SHort, long, it doesn't matter.

I am currently working with an artist who fed me everything he wanted his book to have (im talking characters, setting, the works). the only problem was he had no plot to put these great characters he created in since he is no writer. He did have a lot of great ideas though for plot, but were all over the place, and I did what any writer would do I re arranged his ideas, threw away what didn't work and kept what did work (all with his approval of course) and right now he is having a blast drawing what I wrote.

If any artists out there who is hungry, loves to draw comics, and has ideas and needs a writer to place those ideas into a plot, characterization, dialogue, setting, whatever the case, I am your man.

if not, then that is okay too. I just love to write stories and I love comics and I love these forums.

BryanGinn

BryanGinn

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey looking for artist for Clint submission.

First off I just wanted to say this site is awesome. It is truly an amazing resource for comic creators and is quite unique.

That being said I am a writer without artist. I have a pulp style story with a female lead set in an art deco style Vegas setting.

The story is about a heroine named The Dame who is trying to clean up New atlas city.
Plot
The local Mob run by johnny Spades has gotten their hands on a mystical artifact that could grant the group amazing powers and lead to them taking over New Atlas city.

The Dame is dead set on stopping them. Her new semi partner Dirk the Daring is willing to help when he is not getting captured. Good thing he is an escape artist. Together they can take the city out of the grip of fear and start making it a nice place to live again.

The Fold'em gang has different plans.

Featuring a unique cast of heroes, villains and those caught in between. The Dame is set in a town resembling a Vegas with art deco and set in a timeless time period.

Roots set in pulp action with some new twists.

Also if that does not peak your interest I have another series that I need an artist for that is about an intergalactic band called Zounds. This is more of an 80's style space adventure straight out of old cartoons.

I have completed the first issue of a comic already and I am shopping that around while the second issue is being drawn so if anybody needs to see examples of my work I can show them to you through email or we have a facebook page for the book.

Thanks for your time.

Lee Parker

Lee Parker

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Ok here is an eight page short I wrote recently. It's about a little kid with superpowers who battles bullies on the playground. This is one of the few "all ages" stories I write so I am not sure how it would fit in with CLiNT but I'm giving this a shot. Any writers interested can email me here. I am willing to pay so just message me your rates and samples and we'll talk. Also, anyone interested in new webcomics can read mine at LPcomics.com and comment if they like. Here's my story:

p.s. Forgive the spacing, the copy paste didn't double space like it did on my pdf file.

Maximus Jones #1

Page One

Panel One: A short, skinny seven year old child is being led into a library by his teacher. He has on a

button up shirt with blue jeans, he also wears big and thick glasses that make his eyes look bigger than

they actually are. In the background we see the librarian reading a newspaper, failing to acknowledge

the others in the room.

Cap (top left): Ray Bradbury Elementary 12:30 p.m.

Teacher: Ok Melvin, now you just sit here and study and I will pick you up after recess.

Teacher: Are you sure you will be OK?

Panel Two: Close how of Melvin sitting at a table, using his inhaler.

Melvin (while using inhaler): yffff mmmm

Panel Three: Melvin looks over to the librarian, who is still buried in her newspaper. He looks like he is

up to something.

Cap (top left): It took months of planning, but one well placed doctor's note gives our hero the perfect

alibi.

Cap: (bottom right): It's time to begin.

Panel Four: We see Melvin crouched and sneaking by the librarian's desk, she is still oblivious.

Panel Five: Melvin walks into the restroom.

Page Two

Panel One: Melvin is in a bathroom stall, he is holding his backpack in his hands.

Panel Two: We see him pull his costume out of his backpack.

Panel Three: We see the door of the boy's room from the outside. A blue and green blur runs out very

fast.

Cap (top left): But Melvin Stanlee is not the boy he seems to be.

Panel Four: The door that leads to the playgound is flown open with papers and debris flying in the air.

Cap (top left): No, he is...

Page Three

Splash Page: We see Melvin flying through thar air in full costume, complete with domino mask and a

mohawk. Beneath him we see the playgound, the children appearing very small since he is so high up.

This is also the title page where we have our title and the credits for artist/writer/inker/letterer etc. I'm

not good at this stuff so you can arrange it how you like.

Cap (Top Left): MAXIMUS JONES!

Page Four

Panel One: We see a little girl on a jungle gym.

Panel Two: The girl starts to fall.

Panel Three: Maximus Jones catches her in mid air.

Panel Four: We see Maximus Jones setting her down gently. He is still just above the ground.

Panel Five: He flies away in a blur as she waves goodbye.

Page Five

Panel One: We see five boys on one side of a dodgeball court, with one puny kid on the other side. Do

this panel in a landscape view.

Panel Two: The kids throw their dodgeballs (each kid has one).

Panel Three: Very close shot of puny kid wincing.

Panel Four: We see puny kid still covering up, but he is unharmed and the balls are not in sight. This

shot is from the other kids perspective.

Panel Five: Maximus Jones comes down from the sky in a blur holding all five dodgeballs.

Page Six

Panel One: Maximus Jones slings all five dodgeballs at once. I want the backgoround to be a blur to

illustate the speed of his throw (Like when The Flash runs). Do this in landscape view as well.

Panel Two: All five kids get beaned and fall.

Panel Three: All the kids are surrounding their new hero and are cheering him.

SFX: clap clap clap

Panel Four: Close shot of our hero's face, he has a look of fear.

SFX: BBBBBRRRRRIIINNNNGGGGG

Panel Five: We see our hero run away in a blur. Leaving his new fans behind.

Page Seven

Panel One: Maximus runs into the bathroom.

Panel Two: He runs out of the bathroom, as Melvin.

Panel Three: He dashes into the library, while our librarian is still oblivious. I want to see papers flying.

Panel Four: He sits at the table, nose buried in a copy of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

Page Eight

Panel One: Side view of Melvin reading.

Cap: And thus, a legend was born.

Panel Two: Above shot of Melvin, we see a silhouette of someone approaching.

Cap: Though the teachers watch over the class.

Panel Three: Angle it how you like, just make she silhouette come closer.

Cap: And the library is on it's own.

Cap: One thing is for certain.

Panel Four: The silhouette now covers Melvin's book and most of Melvin himself. This is from the

perspective of the one approaching him.

Cap: The playground belongs to-

Teacher (off panel): MELVIN STANLEE!

Panel Five: We see Melvin's teacher (from Melvin's perspective).

Teacher: You won't believe what you just missed!

George Kleanthous:

George Kleanthous:

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Guys,

I am looking for an artist to take on my 11 page story, it's my first comic-book script but not my first script as I'm also a film-maker.
The story has been described by people who have read it as "if Rodriguez did comics, this is what it would be", it's a serious Sci-Fi story with hints of comedy and even though it's 11 pages (twice the amount of pages Millar is asking for in CLiNT) this is definitely a story suitable for the magazine.

I won't go into what the story is about on the forum but it is about two characters who I hope with the right artistic talent, you can help make them memorable and iconic.

so, if you are an artist looking to work on an interesting story and don't mind emailing me, my e-mail address is below:

GeorgeKleanthous6@hotmail.com

i look forward to hearing from you!!!

andistirton

andistirton

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, I'm Stirton and i've got a handful of scripts lying around that need illustrated, so if you can help, that would be awesome =D
I'm not great at the drawing side of things, but i've done inking before and i did a whole bunch of scriptwriting when i was in college, so if anyone needs help with either of those things, then i'm completely game .
I've actually got an idea floatin' around in my head that i've not really written anything for; kind of a tongue- in- cheek robots and monsters sort of thing, i don't know if that sounds good to anyone, but I quite like it. Hopefully a CLiNT submission?
Cheers!

ditta

ditta

like water out of a fish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,900 posts
Hola. Ditta here. I have written a four page script for a Space Oddities entry or a FutureShock. Looking for a artist to collab. PM me at MW or email me at TalesofWTF@hotmail.co.uk.

All the best.

Edited by ditta, 31 January 2011 - 01:14 AM.

ditta

ditta

like water out of a fish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Okay here is my 4 page submission for Space Oddities or What the Flux etc. I’ve used the second name of a MWer as a character. can you guess who it is? Just email us if interested

Space Oddities Submission

Title- PIXEL@TED-2nd draft

PAGE ONE
(five panels)

Panel 1.

A BIG STEEL VAULT DOOR is in front of us. It is opened by a man in orange overalls and an orange safety helmet, CARLOS. Steam escapes from the door. On the floor are the shadows of 5 figures with long coats on. The 5 figures are OP but we are looking at the steel door from just above their heads.

On the STEEL DOOR we see a plaque which reads:

THE SMYTH-RICHARDS INSTITUTE OF SCIENTIFIC STUDY: RECUPERATION WARD

SFX- FZZZZZZK!

DIRKSE (OP shadowy figure)- NEXT WE WILL SEE THE RESULTS OF PROJECT PIXEL ON CASE 11-B CRIMINALS.

DOCTOR #2- OH, IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE, DOCTOR DIRKSE?

Panel 2. Reverse the angle to show who the mysterious five are. We see two doctors on the each side of the central character- DOCTOR DIRKSE. DIRKSE is an old doctor with thinning grey hair and a ridiculous bow tie. All the doctors have white lab coats on. DIRKSE has a gleeful face that you’ll find on a child. It looks kinda creepy on an elderly doctor. DOCTOR #2 is on DIRKSE’s left.

DIRKSE- THIS IS WHAT THE POINT OF DEMONSTRATIONS IS, MY YOUNG DOCTOR FRIEND, TO BREAK THE MYTHS OF IMPOSSIBILITY.

DOCTOR #2- BUT HE IS A CASE 11-B CRIMINAL. AND IF HE…

DIRKSE(2)- WAS. WAS. NOT IS. <link> AH IT IS OPEN. LET’S ENTER.

SFX(from door)- WHIIIIRR

Panel 3. CLOSE UP of a file in DIRKSE’s hand. The file contains a mugshot picture of a rugged but average-looking man with a grimace and a menace in his eyes. The file’s title reads THEODORE HAWKINS. Words such as ‘RAPE’, ‘ASSUALT’, ‘MURDER’ litter the paper.

DIRKSE- NOW THIS GENTLEMAN WAS ADMITTED TO ME AS HIS VIOLENT AND AGGRESSIVE CRIMES HAD BEEN CLASSIFIED AS CASE 11-B CRIMINAL. BUT THANKS TO PROJECT PIXEL WE CAN SEE HOW HE HAS DRAMATICALLY CHANGED.

Panel 4. POV of the 5 DOCTORS looking down at THEODORE HAWKINS. HAWKINS is sitting down on a metal framed bed. The room looks like it’s from ‘One Flew Over the Cuckoo Nest’. HAWKINS looks totally different. HAWKINS has a huge scar running across his forehead huge patch of his hair is missing. He has futuristic Jordi LeForge-esque visor over his eyes. He looks like he’s been lobotomised.

DIRKSE(OP)- HOWAREYOUTHEODORE!!

HAWKINS- I… AM… I AM… I… I AM NOT DEAF, DOCTOR.

Panel 5 Reverse the angle to the doctors. But the two doctors on the outside flanks have large Taser Guns aimed, nervously, at us (HAWKINS). DIRKSE remains looking creepy as hell.

DIRKSE- he he… OF COURSE YOU NOT, THEODORE. <link> OH. THESE ARE JUST PRECAUTIONS. I’M SURE YOU UNDERSTAND.

HAWKINS (OP)- YES DOCTOR DIRKSE. I’M IN GREAT PAIN. AM I READY TO GO HOME NOW?

DIRKSE (2)- FAIRLY SOON, MY DEAR THEODORE. JUST I HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHAT MODIFICATIONS WE HAVE DONE TO YOU. SO YOU DON’T GET IN TROUBLE AGAIN.

<BR style="PAGE-BREAK-BEFORE: always" clear=all>PAGE 2 (eight panels)

PANEL 1. DIRKSE has now moved to sit beside the emotionally and physically drained HAWKINS. DIRKSE looks like a fatherly figure to HAWKINS. The four doctors are in the background looking at the duo. Two of them still have the Taser guns aimed at HAWKINS. One of the other two doctors is holding a hand held camera.

DIRKSE- WE HAVE TO RECORD THIS. BECAUSE, THEODORE MY DEAR BOY, YOU ARE A MARVEL. YOU SEE YOU WERE HORRENDOUS AND MONSTROUS DESTINED FOR AN EARLY END. BUT…

Panel 2. We move to the POV of the handheld camera. DIRSKE looks at us while HAWKINS looks down.

(N.B it should be grainy and have case study C-11B13432 written on the top)

DIRKSE-…I saved you. WE saved you. Project Pixel saved you. And we will…

HAWKINS- I DON’T REMEMBER THESE CRIMES. I HAVE… I HAVE… TERRIBLE HEAD… AND THIS DAMN VISOR. UH… PLEASE… TELL ME I DID… TAKE IT OFF DOCTOR. PLEASE… I… THE PAIN… THE PAIN. I not a murderer. I’m not…

Panel 3. EXTREME CLOSE UP of HAWKINS face. Pure anguish. His hands grab his visor.

HAWKINS- ARRRRGGH!!! I’M NOT A KILLER!! TAKE THIS VISOR OFF ME!!!! TAKE IT OFF ME!!!! TAKE IT OFF ME!!!!

DIRKSE (OP)- S@%t! SEDATE HIM!!

Panel 4. HAWKINS’ POV. A dynamic shot of one of the doctors firing the Taser at HAWKINS. The bolt fired from the Taser gun is pixelated as is the background behind the doctor. The edges of the panel is covered in blackness.

SFX- FZZZZZK!

Panel 5. BLACK PANEL with multiple captions.

CAPTION- “TODAY IS YOUR BIG TEST. FOR TODAY YOU HAVE A CHANCE OF OBTAINING YOUR FREEDOM.”

CAPTION (2)- “YOU HAVE A SMART BRAIN THEODORE. MAKE SURE YOU UTILISE IT PROPERLY.”

CAPTION (3)- “THE TEST IS SIMPLER THAN YOU THINK. IT MAY APPEAR DIFFICULT BUT JUST REMEMBER YOUR CONDITIONING.”

CAPTION (4)-“NOW YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP. YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP”

Panel 6. HAWKINS’ POV. HAWKINS EYELIDS OPENING. HAWKINS sees blurry posters and windows.

CAPTION- “WAKE UP”

Panel 7. HAWKINS’ POV- his sight has cleared up. He’s not in the institute anymore but in a trendy apartment. He is laying in a bed. Random poster of rom-coms fill the wall the door to the bathroom is opposite us.

HAWKINS- wha? Oh god!

Panel 8. HAWKINS’ POV. He enters the bathroom. A mirror is to his left but HAWKINS is facing the toilet.

HAWKINS- ahh my head!

<BR style="PAGE-BREAK-BEFORE: always" clear=all>Page 3 (panel five)

Panel 1. HAWKINS’ POV. He stands over the toilet.

SFX- ZIIIIIP!

Panel 2. HAWKINS’ POV. He looks down at his penis but finds it to be PIXELATED. His hands move jolt backwards.

HAWKINS- ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

Panel 3.(BIG PANEL) HAWKINS’ POV. He turns to his left where the full-sized mirror is. His head is disfigured with lumps of metal all over. This makes his look with the visor normal. He looks totally fubar’d. A combo of a Borg and the Elephant Man. His penis is still PIXELATED.

HAWKINS- OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!!

Panel 4. EXTREME CLOSE UP of the back of HAWKINS metallic disfigured head. A small computer screen in the back of his head reads in red warning letters-

“NEURAL ATOMISER OVERLOAD- CAUTION”

HAWKINS- EEEEEHHHHHHH!!!!

Panel 5. BLAM. HAWKINS head has exploded into a brilliant red mess. SCANNERS-STYLE. Penis is NOT PIXELATED.

SFX- BOOOOM!!

Page 4 (panels six)

Panel 1. We are looking at a stage. On the stage is the mirror (it is a two way trick mirror like the cop interrogation mirrors). Red matter covers most of the mirror but we do know that this was the remains of HAWKINS.

PERSON IN CROWD (OP)- OH… WELL.

Panel 2. Reverse the angle. It is an entire audience of SHOCKED doctors/royals/officials and other important looking people. DIRKSE and his four doctors are sitting at front and centre in tuxedos.

(N.B this is a lot like the theatre scene in A CLOCKWORK ORANGE- I can give you references if you need)

PERSON IN CROWD #1- WAS THAT MEANT TO HAPPEN?

PERSON IN CROWD #2- I CAN’T BE TOO SURE.

Panel 3. Close in on DIRKSE and the other four. They do not look too bothered. They look more perplexed.

DOCTOR #2- PERHAPS WE WERE NOT MEANT TO BE TOO HIGH OF A SETTING IN HIM.

DOCTOR #3- JA. PERHAPS WE SHOULD USE ACTUAL CRIMINALS NEXT TIME AND ER…

DIRKSE- IT WAS JUST A SLIGHT GLITCH. A MINOR SETBACK.

Panel 4. Above the shoulder of the five doctors. We focus back on the mess on the mirror.

DIRKSE- BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD?

Doctor #2- JA. BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD.

TITLE CAPTION: PIXEL@TED by etc.

END

ChrisOH

ChrisOH

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I'd be interested. sent an email to you

Arjan Dirkse

Arjan Dirkse

milquetoast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,777 posts

Okay here is my 4 page submission for Space Oddities or What the Flux etc. I’ve used the second name of a MWer as a character. can you guess who it is? Just email us if interested

Space Oddities Submission

Title- PIXEL@TED-2nd draft

PAGE ONE
(five panels)

Panel 1.

A BIG STEEL VAULT DOOR is in front of us. It is opened by a man in orange overalls and an orange safety helmet, CARLOS. Steam escapes from the door. On the floor are the shadows of 5 figures with long coats on. The 5 figures are OP but we are looking at the steel door from just above their heads.

On the STEEL DOOR we see a plaque which reads:

THE SMYTH-RICHARDS INSTITUTE OF SCIENTIFIC STUDY: RECUPERATION WARD

SFX- FZZZZZZK!

DIRKSE (OP shadowy figure)- NEXT WE WILL SEE THE RESULTS OF PROJECT PIXEL ON CASE 11-B CRIMINALS.

DOCTOR #2- OH, IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE, DOCTOR DIRKSE?

Panel 2. Reverse the angle to show who the mysterious five are. We see two doctors on the each side of the central character- DOCTOR DIRKSE. DIRKSE is an old doctor with thinning grey hair and a ridiculous bow tie. All the doctors have white lab coats on. DIRKSE has a gleeful face that you’ll find on a child. It looks kinda creepy on an elderly doctor. DOCTOR #2 is on DIRKSE’s left.

DIRKSE- THIS IS WHAT THE POINT OF DEMONSTRATIONS IS, MY YOUNG DOCTOR FRIEND, TO BREAK THE MYTHS OF IMPOSSIBILITY.

DOCTOR #2- BUT HE IS A CASE 11-B CRIMINAL. AND IF HE…

DIRKSE(2)- WAS. WAS. NOT IS. <link> AH IT IS OPEN. LET’S ENTER.

SFX(from door)- WHIIIIRR

Panel 3. CLOSE UP of a file in DIRKSE’s hand. The file contains a mugshot picture of a rugged but average-looking man with a grimace and a menace in his eyes. The file’s title reads THEODORE HAWKINS. Words such as ‘RAPE’, ‘ASSUALT’, ‘MURDER’ litter the paper.

DIRKSE- NOW THIS GENTLEMAN WAS ADMITTED TO ME AS HIS VIOLENT AND AGGRESSIVE CRIMES HAD BEEN CLASSIFIED AS CASE 11-B CRIMINAL. BUT THANKS TO PROJECT PIXEL WE CAN SEE HOW HE HAS DRAMATICALLY CHANGED.

Panel 4. POV of the 5 DOCTORS looking down at THEODORE HAWKINS. HAWKINS is sitting down on a metal framed bed. The room looks like it’s from ‘One Flew Over the Cuckoo Nest’. HAWKINS looks totally different. HAWKINS has a huge scar running across his forehead huge patch of his hair is missing. He has futuristic Jordi LeForge-esque visor over his eyes. He looks like he’s been lobotomised.

DIRKSE(OP)- HOWAREYOUTHEODORE!!

HAWKINS- I… AM… I AM… I… I AM NOT DEAF, DOCTOR.

Panel 5 Reverse the angle to the doctors. But the two doctors on the outside flanks have large Taser Guns aimed, nervously, at us (HAWKINS). DIRKSE remains looking creepy as hell.

DIRKSE- he he… OF COURSE YOU NOT, THEODORE. <link> OH. THESE ARE JUST PRECAUTIONS. I’M SURE YOU UNDERSTAND.

HAWKINS (OP)- YES DOCTOR DIRKSE. I’M IN GREAT PAIN. AM I READY TO GO HOME NOW?

DIRKSE (2)- FAIRLY SOON, MY DEAR THEODORE. JUST I HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHAT MODIFICATIONS WE HAVE DONE TO YOU. SO YOU DON’T GET IN TROUBLE AGAIN.

<BR style="PAGE-BREAK-BEFORE: always" clear=all>PAGE 2 (eight panels)

PANEL 1. DIRKSE has now moved to sit beside the emotionally and physically drained HAWKINS. DIRKSE looks like a fatherly figure to HAWKINS. The four doctors are in the background looking at the duo. Two of them still have the Taser guns aimed at HAWKINS. One of the other two doctors is holding a hand held camera.

DIRKSE- WE HAVE TO RECORD THIS. BECAUSE, THEODORE MY DEAR BOY, YOU ARE A MARVEL. YOU SEE YOU WERE HORRENDOUS AND MONSTROUS DESTINED FOR AN EARLY END. BUT…

Panel 2. We move to the POV of the handheld camera. DIRSKE looks at us while HAWKINS looks down.

(N.B it should be grainy and have case study C-11B13432 written on the top)

DIRKSE-…I saved you. WE saved you. Project Pixel saved you. And we will…

HAWKINS- I DON’T REMEMBER THESE CRIMES. I HAVE… I HAVE… TERRIBLE HEAD… AND THIS DAMN VISOR. UH… PLEASE… TELL ME I DID… TAKE IT OFF DOCTOR. PLEASE… I… THE PAIN… THE PAIN. I not a murderer. I’m not…

Panel 3. EXTREME CLOSE UP of HAWKINS face. Pure anguish. His hands grab his visor.

HAWKINS- ARRRRGGH!!! I’M NOT A KILLER!! TAKE THIS VISOR OFF ME!!!! TAKE IT OFF ME!!!! TAKE IT OFF ME!!!!

DIRKSE (OP)- S@%t! SEDATE HIM!!

Panel 4. HAWKINS’ POV. A dynamic shot of one of the doctors firing the Taser at HAWKINS. The bolt fired from the Taser gun is pixelated as is the background behind the doctor. The edges of the panel is covered in blackness.

SFX- FZZZZZK!

Panel 5. BLACK PANEL with multiple captions.

CAPTION- “TODAY IS YOUR BIG TEST. FOR TODAY YOU HAVE A CHANCE OF OBTAINING YOUR FREEDOM.”

CAPTION (2)- “YOU HAVE A SMART BRAIN THEODORE. MAKE SURE YOU UTILISE IT PROPERLY.”

CAPTION (3)- “THE TEST IS SIMPLER THAN YOU THINK. IT MAY APPEAR DIFFICULT BUT JUST REMEMBER YOUR CONDITIONING.”

CAPTION (4)-“NOW YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP. YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP”

Panel 6. HAWKINS’ POV. HAWKINS EYELIDS OPENING. HAWKINS sees blurry posters and windows.

CAPTION- “WAKE UP”

Panel 7. HAWKINS’ POV- his sight has cleared up. He’s not in the institute anymore but in a trendy apartment. He is laying in a bed. Random poster of rom-coms fill the wall the door to the bathroom is opposite us.

HAWKINS- wha? Oh god!

Panel 8. HAWKINS’ POV. He enters the bathroom. A mirror is to his left but HAWKINS is facing the toilet.

HAWKINS- ahh my head!

<BR style="PAGE-BREAK-BEFORE: always" clear=all>Page 3 (panel five)

Panel 1. HAWKINS’ POV. He stands over the toilet.

SFX- ZIIIIIP!

Panel 2. HAWKINS’ POV. He looks down at his penis but finds it to be PIXELATED. His hands move jolt backwards.

HAWKINS- ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

Panel 3.(BIG PANEL) HAWKINS’ POV. He turns to his left where the full-sized mirror is. His head is disfigured with lumps of metal all over. This makes his look with the visor normal. He looks totally fubar’d. A combo of a Borg and the Elephant Man. His penis is still PIXELATED.

HAWKINS- OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!!

Panel 4. EXTREME CLOSE UP of the back of HAWKINS metallic disfigured head. A small computer screen in the back of his head reads in red warning letters-

“NEURAL ATOMISER OVERLOAD- CAUTION”

HAWKINS- EEEEEHHHHHHH!!!!

Panel 5. BLAM. HAWKINS head has exploded into a brilliant red mess. SCANNERS-STYLE. Penis is NOT PIXELATED.

SFX- BOOOOM!!

Page 4 (panels six)

Panel 1. We are looking at a stage. On the stage is the mirror (it is a two way trick mirror like the cop interrogation mirrors). Red matter covers most of the mirror but we do know that this was the remains of HAWKINS.

PERSON IN CROWD (OP)- OH… WELL.

Panel 2. Reverse the angle. It is an entire audience of SHOCKED doctors/royals/officials and other important looking people. DIRKSE and his four doctors are sitting at front and centre in tuxedos.

(N.B this is a lot like the theatre scene in A CLOCKWORK ORANGE- I can give you references if you need)

PERSON IN CROWD #1- WAS THAT MEANT TO HAPPEN?

PERSON IN CROWD #2- I CAN’T BE TOO SURE.

Panel 3. Close in on DIRKSE and the other four. They do not look too bothered. They look more perplexed.

DOCTOR #2- PERHAPS WE WERE NOT MEANT TO BE TOO HIGH OF A SETTING IN HIM.

DOCTOR #3- JA. PERHAPS WE SHOULD USE ACTUAL CRIMINALS NEXT TIME AND ER…

DIRKSE- IT WAS JUST A SLIGHT GLITCH. A MINOR SETBACK.

Panel 4. Above the shoulder of the five doctors. We focus back on the mess on the mirror.

DIRKSE- BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD?

Doctor #2- JA. BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD.

TITLE CAPTION: PIXEL@TED by etc.

END

emmmmmmm...yeah. :D

I am not sure, I don't see what the significance of the pixelation is, since it seems to occur in "reality" and also in the alternative reality.

Head explodey action is cool and all, but in the story you don't really get an insight into any of the characters "heads"... ;)

But I kinda like the sound of that doctors name. Don't know why...but it's a cool name.

ChrisOH

ChrisOH

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey

Any writer with an interesting idea that needs an artist can contact me. don't have access to alot of my sketches at the moment but here's some camera phone pics of what I did today. Will scan stuff and post more later.
also blog here BLOG and email: chrisohalloran89@gmail.com
Hope to hear from some people.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

all from quick work today and yesterday , been working on line work.

Steven Smith

Steven Smith

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey folks.

First time posting here, as I usually hold back on posting in things as I forget about them easily and lose track, but I just couldn't resist with this one.

I've been looking for an artist for a little while for a couple of comics I have in mind (well, fancy that, a couple is correct. That means 2. I think....).

I'm an amatuer writer, finding it a rather fun and exciting way to pass the time between my Computer Games Design classes (oh yeah, I'm cool now, huh?). Realistically, I'm looking to go into writing for video games, TV or prose. I've never really thought about writing for comics before, but the more I read CLiNT, the more I want to (Damn you Millar! In a good way, obviously).

So, yeah, drop me an e-mail and I'll tell you the ideas and we can see where to go from there! Oh, and before I forget, I don't have the scripts written (I'm a professional Procrastinator) but if I know I'm getting an artist, I'll get down to it and write those bad boys!

ssmith@terasgames.co.uk

I look forward to hearing from you!

P.S If you're a writer, then feel free to e-mail me to. I'm up for doing collaborative work, or just making new friends!

Zombie Miller

Zombie Miller

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Here are the first ten pages, I have more I just don't want to clutter this post.

LIFE IS A ZOMBIE SCRIPT
BY: James Miller

PAGE 1

Three wide panels down the whole page.

1/ A small creek slowly trickling through many low hanging branches from small trees.
Dialogue Box: In the beginning it happened very slowly, trickling silently and unnoticed throughout the world.

2/ A roaring river flowing through larger more spread out trees.
Dialogue Box: After about a week went by it picked up speed significantly and began spreading rapidly over the earth, drowning everything in it's path.

3/ A huge crashing ocean wave that breaks away and shatters solid rock.
Dialogue Box: then within a period of less than two weeks the waves came crashing down to reshape the earth as we know it.
Dialogue Box: Humanity was never going to be the same again. Not after our earth experienced the zombie apocalypse.

PAGE 2

All panels on black background. Four equal sized panels on top and bottom of the page. In between the top and and bottom panels are white letters on the black background which contain panel 3.

4/ Empty streets with cars rotting on the side of the road.
Dialogue Box between 4/5: You know when you go to a movie you've heard all there is to know about it and it ends up not everything you heard was correct.
5/ Apartment buildings rotting away in a bright moonlit sky.

6/ White all caps text on black panel reads: THE NEW WORLD

7/ The bashed in front door to an apartment.
Dialogue Box between 7/8: that is what it feels like now after the apocalypse.
8/ The inside of a torn up, blood stained, messy apartment with an unharmed bookshelf center background and well defined.

PAGE 3

Two panels covering the whole page split diagonally from near the top right to near bottom left.

9/ Close up of a bookshelf with books about zombies.
Dialogue Box: I owned nearly everything ever written about zombies.

10/ Close up of bookshelf with movies about zombies
Dialogue Box: There wasn't a zombie movie I haven't seen.

PAGE 4

Large panel that takes half the page. Left panel is slightly wider than the panels to the right of it to cover the rest of the page.

11/ Hallway with door kicked ajar at the end. The room is dark except for slight illumination.
Dialogue Box: It turns out there was something very important that most if not all the books and movies had wrong.

12/ Peeking in the doorway we see a figure of a person sitting facing an illuminating computer screen.
Dialogue Box between 12/13: In all truth of things zombies are not really mindless like everyone had said them to be be. Actually...
13/ Zoom in on webcam on top of the computer.

PAGE 5

The panel covers the whole page.

14/ Close up of Evan as a zombie. Portrait illuminated by computer. His face looks freshly killed.
Dialogue Box: ...we are quite intelligent to be completely honest.

PAGE 6

Top panel is large and almost half of the page. The bottom two panels are two triangles that fit to the rest of the page.

15/ Evan pre apocalypse sitting at a table alone reading a zombie book, surrounded by tables crowded with other students.
Evan Dialogue Box: Before the apocalypse even began I was just one of those nerdy loners, that kids loved to pick on.

16/ Evan, skinny little guy with long hair, shooting an airball during a P.E. class.
Evan Dialogue Box: I was never interested in athletics, and for good reason.

17/ Evan's hand holding a term paper with his name and a D- in red marker on it.
Evan Dialogue Box: I wasn't to concerned with academics either.

PAGE 7

18/ Evan sitting at his desk reading a zombie comic.
Evan Dialogue Box: All I cared about was my obsession with zombies.

19/ Evan playing video games, and yelling at the T.V.
Evan: DIE ZOMBIE DIE!

20/ Evan as a little boy looking up to say something to his mom.
Evan: Mommy I want to be a zombie for Halloween.
Evan's Mom: Evan honey, you were a zombie the last two years.
Evan Dialogue Box: Every Halloween since I was able to talk I was a zombie.

PAGE 8

21/ A zombie chewing on they flesh of a corpse.
Evan Dialogue Box: I guess my obsession may have started from my dad...

22/ Evan's dad in a car picking up Evan while wearing a mask to scare him.
Evan's Dad: Baaahhh!!!
Evan: Dad you scared me!
Evan Dialogue Box between 22/23: ...he loved scaring me. At least that's all I can remember of him. When I was about seven he was hit and killed by a drunk driver only I survived the crash.
23/ Horrifying car crash.
Evan Dialogue Box: Thankfully my mom stayed home that day.

PAGE 9

Top panel is large and almost half of the page. The bottom two panels are two triangles that fit to the rest of the page.

24/ Evan full as a teenager pre apocalypse pointing a gun at a zombie's head.
Evan Dialogue Box: After the accident all I wanted to do was slay zombies.

25/ Vampire kissing a woman.
Evan Dialogue Box Top: Why did I like zombies over the other monsters?
Evan Dialogue Box Bottom Left: Vampires seemed to sissy for me with all that romantic crap.

26/ A fake looking ware wolf peering around a tree.
Evan Dialogue Box Bottom Right: And the idea of a man that turns into a half man half wolf creature just seemed idiotic.

PAGE 10

Four equal sized panels covering the entire page

27/ Two zombies running after a balding old man.
Evan Dialogue Box top left of the panel: I only liked zombies. Even though the idea of them existing scared the shit out of me...
Evan Dialogue Box bottom right of panel: ... It also intrigued me.

28/ A zombie munching on someones brains with another chewing on the leg.
Evan Dialogue Box: They will do anything for warm human flesh and the major prize was the brain.

29/ Both zombies walking away from the victim leaving it with an empty skull and no right leg.
Evan Dialogue Box: It isn't just some sick pleasure they get from it they need the meaty human body for their diets.

30/ Now crows are chewing on the remains of the victim.
Evan Dialogue Box: The weird thing is they have no desire for the flesh of animals.

Nick Justus

Nick Justus

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Art to review if anybody wants to collab!

Narrative pages for your viewing pleasure
Hello,

I had the pleasure of working on The Fistful of Comics book last summer and am interested in collaborating on something new if any writers are interested. I've provided links to some narrative pages I've done recently and posted on deviantart. Thanks for viewing and hope to hear from serious enquiries.

http://NickJustus.de...Bat-1-195027075
http://nickjustus.de...llery/#/d388mun
http://nickjustus.de...llery/#/d38h2d4
http://nickjustus.de...llery/#/d38srgh

a scene from the movie Big Fish...

http://nickjustus.de...llery/#/d34yf1n
http://nickjustus.de...llery/#/d357ibj
http://nickjustus.de...llery/#/d35a5vc

and my creator owned project, Jesus E. Lee!

http://nickjustus.de...llery/#/d325yrv
http://nickjustus.de...llery/#/d32ggyh
http://nickjustus.de...llery/#/d32a0t9
http://nickjustus.de...llery/#/d32a10d

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!
Nick Justus

Blas Bigatti

Blas Bigatti

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Art to review if anybody wants to collab!

Interesting stuff, Nick! I've just sent you a PM. Contact me if it interests you.

Cheers!

Paul Penna

Paul Penna

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 623 posts
Brilliant art, Nick.

Ummm.

You do know how many messages from writers you're about to be bombarded with, right?

You might want to take cover.

:P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users