4 replies to this topic

Andrew Hope

Andrew Hope

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Oh. Do I have your attention now?

My name is Andrew Hope. I last worked in comics a loooooong time ago (drawing The Shadowmen, written by Mr. Mark Millar, whom you may have heard of), but now I'm back, baby. Bleeding Cool ran a story on me maybe about two months ago when it became official. I'm currently writing a project for Marvel that will be loved by some, hated by others, etc, etc. The artist is grafting away at issue one right now, judging by the text I just received.

But I want to talk to you about something else.

A collaboration, with a view to pitching to a company other than Marvel (it would be more suited to an Icon-type book), but I have a few other concepts running around that I can't say too much about yet. I'm thinking Image at the moment, but I have an agent who will handle the selling and he's done me good so far.

What I'm looking for is proof of solid draftsmanship and a head for storytelling. I'm looking for a more realistic style. Think Yu, Immonen, Hitchy, Cassaday. I have a violent superhero story set in South America, so think location location location as well as the ability to express emotion through your pretty pictures.

You're looking for a break - MAYBE I can help you out. If you're at all interested, send me some sequential samples showing elements of the above. DO NOT send unconnected pages: I need to see how you handle panel AND page transitions. DO NOT send me story concepts or character designs. They will be deleted instantly. DO NOT ask me what I'm working on, because I have an NDA in my Marvel agreement.

I work full script - very similar in style to Mark's. I'll consider visual suggestions in the creative process, but not interested in "co-writing" with you. I write, you draw. Simple.

And let's keep this civil. You're either interested or not, and if you're not, don't bother emailing because I won't reply. Looking forward to a deluge from all you talented people out there. Please send to:

Andrew Hope (sputnik67@q.com), and put "Artist Application" in the subject line so my inbox will sort it.

I'm originally from Glasgow, Scotland, but currently living in Saint Paul, Minnesota, so consider the time difference when looking for a reply.

Thanks so much for reading, now please send me some pages to consider!

Edited by Andrew Hope, 02 November 2012 - 11:07 PM.

Kavanagh

Kavanagh

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 238 posts
Maaan, I wish I was an artist right now.

Russell H

Russell H

Tea dancer

• +Subscribers
  • 7,527 posts
  • Interests:Tea.

Maaan, I wish I was an artist right now.

I always wish I was an artist. That way, I'd never need to find one.

Danos Filopoulos

Danos Filopoulos

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hey Andrew,
Good luck with the search. I'm sure you'll find the perfect guy as there is a ton of great artists popping up at any time on the forum.
I suggest you also try browsing the forum posts and checking out the samples already uploaded as it may be easier to come across someone you like instead of waiting to be approached.
I understand that it's still early in the process but ypu might need to divulge a little more info
Like mentioning if this is somerhing that will have to be coloured and lettered by the artist or you're just looking for linework.
Do you have in mind a mini series or an ongoing. I've also heard that some publishers prefer graphic novels.

In any case best of luck and be sure to keep us posted on the Marvel work.

Cheers

CharlesD

CharlesD

Victim of Circumstance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
Email sent!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users